Monday, August 11, 2014

Fail.

I am a bad, bad seamstress. In my attempt to not watch period film so I don't get more ideas and buy more fabric and not finish anything, I have actually fallen completely out of the mood to sew and run around in girly costumes. In my defense, I've been working a lot of overtime, we have had a death in the family, and I am planning to move and have a lot of prep work to do, but honestly I have no excuse. I don't want to drag a ton of stuff across the country, so there will be a lot of sorting fabric and garb I no longer need or want. This is a bonus for you, dear reader, because that may involve a sale and/or giveaway! Today is my Friday, so I think it's a good opportunity to start cleaning and sorting my sewing space. Oy. Not looking forward to it. It also doesn't help my motivation to see photos from Costume College of stuff that is way more spectacular than I will ever have the patience to produce. On the upside, Butterick just came out with a new historical pattern that seems quick and easy enough (version A) that it may get me back in the mood, despite being a forbidden new project. I've watched a little period film to try to get back in the mood but I just get snippy and nit-picky about the costuming. Sewing is definitely not high on my list of priorities, but I do want to get back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment