Saturday, June 14, 2014

ADCD: Attention Deficit Crafting Disorder

I have ADCD: Attention Deficit Crafting Disorder.  Symptoms include working on multiple projects at once, starting a new project before previous projects are finished, researching multiple projects at once, accumulating supplies for multiple projects at once, and having multiple UFOs (unfinished objects) and PHDs (projects half done).  The condition is unfortunately unpreventable, untreatable, and possibly terminal.  I have suffered from ADCD for about ten years.

This current episode of ADCD is brought to you by The Borgias.  I started watching it on Netflix and quickly decided that I needed a go-big-or-go-home, fancy-ass Italian Renaissance gown.

In a subsequent post, I will detail inspiration from the show and historical sources, further informational resources, and my procedure, in addition to a review of the costuming.  But for now, let's do a quick recap of what I have in progress:

- Civil War day ensemble: unders, day dress, hat, accessories.
- Civil War ballgown ensemble: same unders, ballgown, headdress, accessories.
- Regency ensemble: unders, day dress and/or ballgown, shoes and accessories.
- Italian Renaissance ensemble: unders, gown, accessories.
- Redoing what I have named the Cloak of Fail for a friend: the bias trim pulled right off the fraying fabric.  This happened last week and nearly had me in tears because I couldn't meet the deadline then, so I need to focus on something else for a while.
- Medieval hooded short mantle for myself.

I think I need to ban myself from historical film watching until I've finished stuff.  It makes my ADCD worse.  I get too many ideas.  Ideas about costuming...  Ideas about taking the costuming off good-looking actors...  Wait, what?  Nothing... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment